Monday, July 16, 2007

ugh!


Giving myself my own foot spa is no longer satisfying as it is depressing. I'm sick of doing my own nails. I feel ug-lehhh. I want a haircut and I want to color my hair. I need the PARLOR. Pardon my vanity insanity but I'm having one of those crucial days in a woman's life when she just has to treat herself to a good massage and well-deserved pampering. I'm sure there are places here that offer MORE than that, like Dessange or the Ritz-Carlton Spa but as much as I want to FOOL myself, come on, this is serious business. I'm sure there are also places here that at least resemble David's or South Salon, but my instincts tell me that if I get my hair colored at Al-Ghanda Salon (no kidding) I might end up being reincarnated as the vocalist of Twisted Sister. Oh well, might as well make things interesting and ask my mom if she's up for chopping my hair. Yikes.

---


So I finally gave up thinking of attempting, take note, THINKING of ATTEMPTING to get a Bahraini driving license for the following unreasonable reasons:

  1. I'm required to take 23 lessons despite my non-pro Philippine license while people with American and European licenses breeze through some conversion process. BOOOOO!
  2. Before I take those lessons I'd have to find my own instructor because such things as A1, Polaris, and the entire concept of driving schools are non-existent in this country.
  3. Fridays are my only work-free days meaning,
  4. 23 lessons = 23 weeks = 6 months before the driving TEST, plus
  5. WHEN I fail the test given by the traffic police (I said "when" because they earn more money for failing people about an average or 3 to 4 times),
  6. I'd have to repeat reason nos. 1 to 5.

By the time I get a license, the only purpose it'd serve would be to sit prettily among my shisha pipes, sand artworks, and Bahraini clay pot souvenirs. I never imagined I'd ever say this but our LTO suddenly became less screwed up than we actually think it is.

*Ow*

I just bit my tongue. It hurts to even write about saying that.

---


Amy Winehouse, thank you. LimeWire, thank you. iPod, thank you. The 3 of you make corporate life bearable. Hmm, the 3PM lull... perfect time to make a business plan.

---


Kimmie, for your sake I'll write something more profound next time. Haha miss you! :p

Comments:
Katie nakakatawa ka! May mas malala pa pala that LTO ha? :)

and yes, parlors in manila = heaven. Meron pang home service! Im with el na pala in sf! I ddnt eve have my last minute mani & pedi plus footspa before i left! *pagsisisi*
 
Sobrang malala!

Your REALLY should've had that last minute visit to the parlor. UGH. Say hi to el!! Looks like you girls are in for some wild times ;) wooohooo!!
 
kates, get a driver nalang :D
 
hahaha!!! :) i am trying to picture a local salon in bahrain, and i can't seem to form anything in my mind. go splurge on your hair sweetie. A bad haircut makes gurls cry.
 
al-ghanda salon?? nakakatakot nga yun... and i sooo get what you mean by sometimes we just want to be pampered and feel pretty after!

hassle nga lto diyan ah... driver nalang. maganda rin naman cabs niyo eh ;p

i miss you boo. i need you
 
cha: i sorta did. hehe

kim: i'd rather splurge on a plane ticket, but i really dont want to end up walkin with a paper bag over my head so... yeah, i think i'll do that. haha

boo: the cabs are another hell story to tell. ugh! i miss u too leeleeboo, i need my daily dose of you!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]