Sunday, March 25, 2007
Swept away by a sandstorm
Haven't been able to update my blog recently. Caught up with work, stress, lack of sleep, so much to do so little time...the entire package. Work fuels you with motivation and a sense of fulfillment only to a certain extent then it drains every drop of energy out of you.
But I guess as with every aspect of life there are good days, bad days, lazy days, and discouraging days. There are days of revelation, breakthrough, invulnerable days when endless possibilities surge through your veins and seep through your bones. Those are the days that count, that make every horrible day worth it.
If there's one thing we should remind ourselves when shit comes our way, it's that we have to keep on kicking on those bad days to get to the good ones.
If you’re not kicking, you’re sinking.
But I guess as with every aspect of life there are good days, bad days, lazy days, and discouraging days. There are days of revelation, breakthrough, invulnerable days when endless possibilities surge through your veins and seep through your bones. Those are the days that count, that make every horrible day worth it.
If there's one thing we should remind ourselves when shit comes our way, it's that we have to keep on kicking on those bad days to get to the good ones.
If you’re not kicking, you’re sinking.
---
Some things I meant to write about:

The sandstorm that hit Bahrain last week. Photo taken from Gulf Daily News: Havoc as storm hits Bahrain. Went out for meetings with some clients and came back to the office looking like a human espasol.

Cricket fever here is as crazy as Basketball fever back home but no matter how much I bug my boss to explain it to me, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to understand the game.

A series of cultural events are being held here for the whole season of Spring. I'm looking forward to watching Brasil Brasileiro and our very own Bayanihan Dance Troupe. I find it ironic that I'll be watching them for the first time in a country other than my own.

Got free tickets for the upcoming F1 Grandprix (April 13 – 15) yeah! But if I hear/see one more ad with the line “because the heart of the Gulf is racing,” I'm going to barf.
Hmm. I think that's pretty much it. Kalas. Back to work. Unshala. That's their version of bahala na si Batman in arabic.
---
35 DAYS TO GO!! ;)
Comments:
<< Home
"we have to keep on kicking on those bad days to get to the good ones."
Cheers to that kates!!! :)
Umuwi ka na dito! hahaha mishu! *mwah*
Cheers to that kates!!! :)
Umuwi ka na dito! hahaha mishu! *mwah*
I watched the Bayanihan Dance Troupe when they came here. Tinikling and that jumping from bench to bench are the BEST! Miss ya Katie!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


