Saturday, December 16, 2006

S.A.D.

Just when I thought I needed to surrender to humdrum work life...VoilĂ ! A two-day excuse to wake up late and walk around in pajamas thanks to the celebration of Bahrain's National day YAY. My mother and I kicked it off yesterday with a mouthwatering breakfast of Cinnamon French Toast generously topped with fresh strawberries and honey, which I never had the slightest chance of photographing for the sake of making you all drool SORRY. They were gone in an instant and Ihadnothingtodowithit.

Oh screw that, I want more. Gimme gimme more!!!

I hoped to enjoy "me time" today by taking in the cool morning breeze while sipping hot chocolate. When I woke up I couldn't even tell if it was day or night. Apparently, it DOES rain in Bahrain. Buckets, barrels, tanks of it. Nakngtokwa. Last night as raindrops tippy-tapped against our windows and hypnotized me to sleep, I was utterly grateful. 10 hours and 10 degrees later it became too depressing to bear.

Don't laugh at me for being O.A. but I think I may be having a case of Seasonal Affective Disorder. S.A.D. (a very appropriate acronym) or the "Winter Blues," according to this site, is depression marked by unusual sleep patterns (check!), carb cravings (CHECK!!), and fatigue (check!). It's what you get when the cold creeps too high up your head, but it's nothing that can't be fixed by a healthy dose of sunshine. For good measure, make it Christmas vacation in Manila...or a Caribbean Cruise if Santa's in an extra good mood. You know what they say, prevention is better than cure. Hmm, I wonder where I can get an official prescription for that.


---

Please pray for the repose of the soul of my Tito Chito. He was shot this afternoon at QC, suspects have not been apprehended. Read the story here. :(

Do we really want
our generation, to be the one
who left humanity with a legacy that
Life is the currency for buying Power, and
Peace cannot be told apart from Fiction?

We could still be known
As our children's
Heroes.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]