Sunday, December 10, 2006
Normalcy and Eternity
Before it gets old and submits itself to memory, I should probably write something about living my dream of a trip to Europe. Apologies for the shortage in enthusiasm, normally I would've jumped at the first chance to show off (at least to the people who care to read my nonsense haha fishing). Then again, somewhere along the way, Normalcy strayed off from my flight itinerary. Maybe it loved Europe too much and wanted to take a longer vacation. As of now, all my efforts are desperately dedicated to getting it back. Come home to mama Normal Life, bawal magTNT.
Hence this lethargic disposition. I've become one of those ho-hums who drown themselves in work and lack the desire to resurface. (Yes, I am working now YAY, and No, I haven't turned into stone). I guess having to deal with loss does drain a lot of energy from people. That's completely understated in this case. A GREAT friend has just passed away and it feels like a big meaty chunk of who I am was taken along with him. Forget prosthetics, this void can never be replaced. Nope, I am no longer bitter or angry. How can I feel rage when I'm certain he's in Heaven looking down on all his friends who are being as silly as me? It's just that I MISS YOU CHRIS now more than ever. I have always said this to him given the fact that I'm 4,584 miles away from home; yet this distance now seems too trivial, almost a joke, compared to Eternity.
Hence this lethargic disposition. I've become one of those ho-hums who drown themselves in work and lack the desire to resurface. (Yes, I am working now YAY, and No, I haven't turned into stone). I guess having to deal with loss does drain a lot of energy from people. That's completely understated in this case. A GREAT friend has just passed away and it feels like a big meaty chunk of who I am was taken along with him. Forget prosthetics, this void can never be replaced. Nope, I am no longer bitter or angry. How can I feel rage when I'm certain he's in Heaven looking down on all his friends who are being as silly as me? It's just that I MISS YOU CHRIS now more than ever. I have always said this to him given the fact that I'm 4,584 miles away from home; yet this distance now seems too trivial, almost a joke, compared to Eternity.
"Eternity. It is the sea mingled with the sun."
-Arthur Rimbaud
-Arthur Rimbaud
Because of this, every sunset will remind me of you.
---


I will write about Europe on my next post, I promise. :c)
Comments:
<< Home
so sorry about your loss, kayree. must be very hard. but yes, he's in heaven now, happier than he could ever be here. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


