Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Whatthe?!

Just a short intro to public transportation system here in Bahrain. It's highly discouraged to hail cabs right from the street unless you have superior haggling skills (in arabic). We have been properly warned from the very beginning that taxi drivers here rip tourists and expats off for money. The safest, most justified way is to call the only two taxi companies who use meters and abide by the law.

So what's up. Oh yeah, my "Whatthe?!" moment.

Woke up at 5AM today, got ready, called a cab by six, because I needed to get somewhere by 8. Let's just say that today was a day when I needed to put my best foot forward. But of course something "Whatthe?!" happened along the way otherwise I wouldn't be blogging about it. SO. At 6 friggin AM, all taxis were booked til 9:30!! Panicpanicpanic!! I had no other choice but to wait. Nuninuninoo...

Here's the clincher. At 9:30, the company called to say the cab's waiting outside my house. The usual senario. I quickly grabbed my things, put on my shoes, took a glance at the mirror, and ran out to the gate.

*Freeze* Double take.

THAT's my cab? A Mercedes-Benz E-Class driven by some guy who looked like a secret agent of the Men-In-Black??? WHATTHE?! Hahaha that's all folks :p

Comments:
Oh yeah, I remember someone telling me that Benzes are mere cabs in other countries. Just like how Bentleys are in the Hamptons. (Your dose of useless info for the day)
 
hmm. interesting. ;) it was my most expensive cab ride... mga 600 pesos. then again, cab rides are never cheap here. (useless info # 2)
 
wow.... a benz for a cab?! i know what you can bring home for me! a cab :D
 
yellow cab pizza? ;)
 
hahahaha... ur so cute katie! as in i can totally picture you doing a double take! hahaha ;p
 
haha, it's very hard NOT to picture. :p
 
you even texted me about it. wehehehehe . 600 pesos? faint -cha
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]