Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Boom, Box

A few days ago, my Mom and I got SO scared out of our wits when our walls and windows began making a loud, vibrating noise. You know that sound effect in movies they use for earthquakes? Usually they use it in scenes involving a glass, with the water in it starting to ripple, then the glass falls to the ground, and then the whole frame starts to shake? THAT sound. It happened about five times. First thought, earthquake. Nope, my world didn't feel like it was swaying. Second thought, somebody's trying to rob us! Nope, no weirdos in black ski masks. Third thought, oh no a missile from the Middle East crisis landed nearby! Nope, my limbs are still intact. Fourth thought, we're being abducted by aliens. Nope, my skin's not turning green. Fifth thought, aaaay mumu!!! :s

Anyway I just found out the other day that there's some kind of an air base on the other side of the island. The vibrations were from the sonic booms of their crafts. Leche, yun lang pala. But sonic booms, friggin coooool! Who would've thought that'd be possible right? Once again, the size of this country continues to amaze me.
---

Our shipment arrived today and I just figured out the reason why we were provided with such a big house. So it can contain these boxes (used to be the TV area),


and these boxes (used to be the kitchen),

and there's more (used to be the sala).

Only 5 boxes are mine, swear. The rest of the crate were filled with my mom's stuff.

Uh hi ma, how long are we staying in Bahrain again?

Ay nako, mom's talaga. But I have to admit that it's pretty fun unwrapping our things. I'd already forgotten what stuff I brought so everytime I tear off packaging material, I feel as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning. Wee! This should keep me busy for the whole month of September. HAHA

Lee and Nik, Gringo and Bubba are here na! :c)

Comments:
now you have company!! hehehe :) oooh sonic boom! parang pang movie yan ah
 
i know! pang discovery channel. for some reason gringo & bubba always crack me up in the mornin :p
 
i'm in that one box in the sala. lower left :) surprise! haha. was supposed to be shipped to Dubai (because Christian is now there for a week), but the courier brought me to Bahrain instead. hehe. miss you biatch.
 
a fortunate mistake by the shippers! miss you more. :c)
 
oh my god, havoc! haha.. tapos na ba kayong magayos? :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]