Sunday, July 30, 2006

Welcome to Bahrain

I just got back from a "Welcome to Bahrain" brunch at the Shell Convention Center, also known as the Hala House. I met people of different nationalities...Malaysian, American, Indian, Australian, German (parang U.N.!)...all of them are wives of the Shell expats here. I'm not used to being so prim, proper, and poised this early. Actually I'm not used to being so prim, proper, and poised at all. Ask anyone who knows me. Haha! Good thing Yolanda, my mom's Filipina-German friend, brought along her daughter and her daughter's girlfriend. Medyo naubusan ako ng English for a while but it turned out good. We'll be hanging out so hooray, imported inuman buddies! :p They'll only be stayin here til next week though, then it's back to bratwurst land they go. Oh well, at least now I have an excuse to check out the local scene without the rents (Don't get me wrong, i love them and everythin, but a girl's got to breathe a little :p). So I'll be lettin you drunkards know if the "fire water" is any good here.

If you're a guy, don't read the next paragraph.

The Bahrain summer sale just ended and even though I didn't get to take full advantage of the half-off's, I managed to get myself a few drool-worthy things last Friday. Lemme see...I spent half the day at Zara (because their stuff are so so lovely), and I got some tops, a beautiful sporty white jacket, and ooh la la MAC make up. The temporary happiness shopping can bring is so dramatic don't you think. *swoon* But here's something I got at Milano that's definitely worth blogging about:



HOT camel leather boots!
(Background song: "These boots are made for walkin'...")

These will surely come in handy for our Euro trip. Environmentalists, please don't hate me. Camels aren't endangered. I'm a big fan of the WWF and I plan to volunteer someday. Seriously. :c)

Speaking of camels, to those who got disappointed when I said that there are no camels in Bahrain, great news! Somebody told me I'll be able to find herds, even crossing the highway, in a place called Hamed town. I'll look it up in the map so I can go there one of these days and take pictures. Promise.

---


I received my population card today. I'm staring at it now with hateful eyes (for a reason aside from my hideous photo). This means I'm now officially a resident of Bahrain. With the healthy currency here and the not-so-healthy currency back home, I know a lot of our kababayans would give anything to have it this easy, this soon. I'm a very lucky person to be able to legally live here for a couple of years. Imluckytobehere. Ishouldbefeelinggreataboutthis. Somepeoplewouldkilltobeinmyshoes. I really have to keep on telling myself those things. Sigh. I don't want to sound whinny so I'll stop here na.

I need my friends. I really REALLY do.

---

Comin up on MTV Cribs: (feeeeel :p)



On my next entry, a photo tour of our villa in Bahrain. Or, as I like to call it, "B-ville." Whut. I made that up. Hahaha I'm bored.

Salamat sa lahat ng nagreply. Don't let the emails, texts, tags, and chats stop aryt? They keep me goin. Kisses from the land of golden smiles and pearls.

Comments:
hayup! isa ngang "welcome to my crib" nga dyan haha
 
oh my gosh... i LOVE your boots. its been my dream to have hot knee high boots and look hot in them but in reality i think knee high boots will make me look frumpy :(

nice house dude!!!! B-ville... puwede ;p

go, go, go drink!! san mig light beybeh!!
 
ramon: hayup ka rin :p hahaha!
 
boo: i love them too! let's go boot hunting together. i'm sure we'll find the perfect pair for you ;)

there's this authentic irish pub here with authentic irish beer. if it's good i'll try to smuggle some home for you. haha

p.s. my dead finger hasn't fallen off yet. it's the same gross color. haay.
 
oh love the boots babe. shet man. i miss you na nga. especially when you said ask anyone about the prim and proper! ask me ask me! i remember you every day as i rehearse for aladdin. i sing arabian nights and the genie song with tears in my eyes. the kids will think i'm crazy. i love you!!!!!

you lucky girl! that villa is beautiful. i think i'm flying there soon. to live with you! hahahaha. and good job on the shopping.mwah.
 
geegee: you're really the right person to ask about my prim and proper-ness. wish i could watch you in aladdin. are you the genie? hahaha :p it's cool cos "i never had a friend like you" are u singin that too? fun fun.

ya, come here and live with me again! walang cockroach dito so you don't have to arm yourself with walis and baygon :p i love you too!!!
 
boo irish beer? i'd like to try that! hehehe. hasn't fallen off? are you using dark colored nail polish?
 
boo: didn't get to try the irish beer :( may tatalo pa ba sa red horse? haha i'm gonna paint my nails later. it's grosssss.
 
taenaaaaa ganda ng boots mo. send a pair over.alam mo naman size ko eh hahahaha birthday ko na sa sabado! hahahahahah kidding. anywayyyy... ur going somewhere to take pictures of camels crossing the street? uwi ka na nga dito. maraming askal dito pwedeng picturan. hehehe miss na kita katie-boo. :) and i understand being homesick. im preparing myself for it na rin nga.. still so unsure about china...argh.
 
haha if i DHL these boots to you, you can buy with that money 3 more pairs of these babies. and, advanced happy birthday dear!! miss ya too! put on those hooka heels and come here already.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]